Out-of-State Per-Diem Rates
Mileage Reimbursement Rates
- Each agency is different and we often have unique transportation needs. Some agencies have a greater need for state vehicles and some agencies are better suited to use personal vehicles.
- Whether you drive your own vehicle out of necessity or preference, or whether you fly or ride a personally owned motorcycle, our reimbursement rates will have you covered.
Meal Per-Diem Rates
The allowance rates listed below include tax and tips associated with the meals. The basic out-of-state meal allowance for a 24-hour period of travel is $50.00.
Out-of-State Travelers Coming to Utah
When the State of Utah pays for an out-of-state person to travel to Utah, the traveler may be reimbursed up to the out-of-state meal per-diem amounts shown above.
Exceptions may be allowed for unusual circumstances when approved in writing by the executive director or designee prior to the trip.
Tier I and Tier II Premium Locations
The traveler may choose to accept the per diem rate for out-of-state travel or to be reimbursed at the actual meal cost, with original receipts, up to $71 per day for Tier I and up to $61 per day for Tier II. The traveler will qualify for premium location rates on the day travel begins and/or the day travel ends only if the trip is of sufficient duration to qualify for all meals on those days. The traveler may choose different reimbursement methods during the trip; however, the same method of reimbursement must be used for an entire day. Reimbursement is for the traveler only. If more than the traveler's meal is charged on a receipt, this must be deducted to reflect the traveler's costs only. Actual meal cost includes tax and tip. Alcoholic beverages are not reimbursable.
The Tier I Premium Locations are:
- Anchorage – Anchorage City Limits only
- Chicago – Includes Cook and Lake Counties
- Hawaii – Includes the islands of Hilo, Kauai, Maui, Oahu, Lanai, and Molokai
- New York City – Also includes the Bronx, Kings, Queens, and Richmond Cities
- San Francisco – Includes San Francisco County
- Seattle – Includes King County
The Tier II Premium Locations are:
- Atlanta – Fulton, Dekalb, and Cobb Counties
- Baltimore – Baltimore City only
- Boston – Includes Suffolk County and City of Cambridge
- Dallas – Includes Dallas County
- Los Angeles – Includes Los Angeles, Orange, and Ventura Counties (except the City of Santa Monica)
- San Diego – Includes San Diego County
- Washington, DC – Includes the cities of Alexandria, Falls Church and Fairfax, and the counties of Arlington and Fairfax in Virginia; and the counties of Montgomery and Prince George’s in Maryland.